Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My sweet girl

Yesterday my sweet Charlotte just made me smile all day long. It's amazing how much she has grown. I just wanted to share a couple of things that Charlotte does to make me smile.
*she loves everything- there is not a day that goes by where Charlotte doesn't say how she "loves something. Her cup, cheese, random objects around the house, and she always tells us that she loves her boy".
*yesterday I was finishing dinner and George was getting fussy so I asked Charlotte to read him a book. She grabbed "Going on a Bear Hunt" and started to "read" it. We read it all the time, so she has it memorized the story. It was so awesome to hear her reading the story to her brother. Scott, stop painting to hear read to George too. She is on her way to being a great reader.
*she was playing last night in the kitchen with old spice containers and of course they turned into little characters. I was listening to her talk to them, and it went a little like this:
Charlotte-"Michael jump into the nest! Be careful!"
Mom-"Who is Michael?"
Charlotte- "My friend?"
Later at dinner Scott and I were trying to figure out where the name Michael came from. We asked Charlotte she said, "from dad's special book"
We finally figured out that it is from one of Scott's children books that only mommy and daddy read to her. She is just so smart.
Just a few moments I wanted to share, mainly I just don't want to forget.

No comments: