Friday, February 5, 2010

CHARLOTTE, WHERE ARE YOU?

This morning I'm finally taking down the rest of Christmas stuff. Yeah I know! My friend called me this morning as I went outside to take down the garland from our porch. I came in put down the phone and called for Charlotte to see what she was up to. No answer! I went into here room and called again, no answer! I went into my room and called for her, no answer! For about a minute I was running into each room and calling her name, and no answer! By this time I'm screaming her name! I go outside, thinking maybe she came out when I was on the phone! No Charlotte! Ahhhh! I run back into the house start screaming Charlotte's name, NO ANSWER! I run outside again and see my neighbor and say, "I can't find CHARLOTTE!" I run back in my house and my neighbor is behind me yelling her name too! When all of a sudden I hear a small voice say,"mom?" I see Charlotte's little face hiding behind the door in my closet. My neighbor saw that we were ok and left me to my emotions. As I held and gave her a big hug the panic left my body.  I talked to Charlotte about how she scared me when she didn't answer me. She hugged me and patted my back. Now that this little scare is over I can only imagine what Charlotte was thinking as she was sitting there in the closet. "There's no way I'm coming out here while she's yelling at me. I just wanted to play hide n'seek!"
I feel a little silly, but justified at the same time. Of course my house was crazy, as my neighbor is trying to help me find my child.  For a spilt second I was so embarrassed, but life goes on.  I'm just glad that Charlotte is okay!
(p.s. she is so grounded when she is ten!)

4 comments:

melissa ( : said...

Charlotte - you can come play hide n seek at my house and I won't yell at you. I promise.

Helen said...

Thanks Melis!

Mom said...

Nana Pat won't lose you either!!!! Of course you know I'm kidding Helen. I feel your panic, pain, embarrassment, and yes, grounded is good when she is ten. But then you might have other reasons by then as well. Love you all!

Kristina Curtis said...

oh my gosh how scary. I am glad everything is alright and she was just in the closet. Silly little girl.