Friday, April 30, 2010

To my Pop

My sweet Pop Richard passed away on April 12th, 2010. He was such a wonderful grandfather and friend to me. Pop was a very funny man. He always made you laugh at life. Out of all the grandchildren, I spent the most time with him because he would babysit me when I was a child. Many hours were spent with him as he sang silly songs. We would eat Ritz's crackers. He always had stains on his ties and make new ones when we would go out to eat. When I was younger he smoked a pipe. I would always hide his tobacco. He would get so mad, when he couldn't find it. When I was in elementary school I would go to his home before school and eat breakfast. I loved spending those morning with him and my Grandma Jan. School just seem to go better when we had breakfast together. He always supported us, even if he didn't agree or understand. He loved my husband and thought the world of my sweet Charlotte.
I'm so grateful to have had such a loving grandfather. The things I'll miss most is hearing his voice calling me "Miss Helen" and his soft white hair. I loved playing with it. He will be greatly missed by all of his friends, and family. The wonderful thing is, I know I will see him again and that brings me peace.
So here's to to you, Pop; my button collecting, bag folding, treat eating, and banana head friend, I'll miss you. I'll keep your legacy going by treating others with kindness, putting family first and laughing when ever I can. Love you.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh! I remember going on some job with your Pop where we delivered fliers or something! He was so fun and kind an always gave us delicious treats. I'm sorry he's gone. It's nice, though to have happy memories.

Jess said...

So sorry to hear Helen. Know I am thinking of you!

melissa ( : said...

I love Pop and I never even got to meet him... but he was the greatest Pop around.

xxoxox

Kristina Curtis said...

I wish I could have met him, he sounds like a wonderful man. Grandpas are the best. I am so sorry for you loss.

Helen said...

This is not Helen but she is still logged on from her time here in STL.

Thanks for being my sweet daughter. I can hardly type this, because I just miss him. My love for you and Scott and Charlotte and Baby Boy is forever.
Mommy Lorie