Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A packaged blessing

As you know, I'm having a baby, which means my body has been changing over the past few months. The other day I was feeling a little large. None of my clothes were fitting. I felt like I've been wearing the same things for months. Scott agreed I should get some new threads, but I felt silly spending money on something I only going use for one more month. This morning the door bell rang. In my pink pjs and morning hair I reluctantly open the door to see the UPS man (whom I know, from work). He was holding a large package with my name on it. After a minute of small talk, I closed the door and eagerly open the package. Low and behold: there were clothes, clothes and more clothes. I got all misty and looked for a name to thank. There it was, in black ink...Melanie Fuhriman. What a great sister! So here is to Mel who has made my day! Thanks for thinking of me, my widening hips, and my busting bust.
Love you!
Helen

6 comments:

Jess said...

You are lookin so cute prego! I cant wait to see mini helen!!!

Margie said...

Helen, you look darling. I just found your blog, and I'm so glad so we can keep in touch. I'm sorry I can't come to your shower. Keep me updated!
Love,
Margie

Wendy said...

Ok, I almost wet my pants laughing at the "don't drop it like it's hot when you are eight months pregnant" comment! You're killing me smalls!

Jess said...

SISTER- how about some new pics on your blog?????

Lindsay said...

Helen
oh my goodness, I saw your link on Anna's blog and I had to come check your bog out. I don't think I've seen you in like 8 years. I'm so excited for your little one to come. You look so cute pregnant. Anyway I'm glad to see you doing so good. You haven't changed a bit. Take care,
Lindsay Russell (Fortner)

Jess said...

Helen, I was thinking of you when I opened the easter gifts from my parents. My mom wrapped up that little yellow chick with the bopping head "peeppeep" for easter as a suprise for me. She wrote on the note this is something very hard for her to get rid of. Do you remember that thing? You and my mom would hold it on the dash of the van when we were driving. It was so imbaressing! Anyway I thought it was hilarous that she still had that thing -I should be mailing it to you so you can hold it on the dash for Scott while he drives-haha!!!